Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Turning 30 and Proper Salutations

      FOX News turns 30 today.  All six TVs (7 counting my tablet)  will be airing FOX in commemoration.

      Another media note....the CBS 6 anchor first addressed the candidate as Anthony and not Mr. Constantino,  Poor form. Just like the other night Jesse Watters three times addressed  Rep. Donalds  as Byron.

     I often wonder with this generation of news people, if a local anchor sitting across the table from the President would call him "Don".  I know John Moore wouldn't ...

       

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Texas just made weed a felony after over 70% of voters voted to legalize it.
That's what happens when incarceration rates go down and for-profit prisons start to lose money!!

Anonymous said...

Cole uses first names. You are old fashioned.

Anonymous said...

Fox = Fake News

Anonymous said...

Do you live in Texas? If not, who cares?

Anonymous said...

You just want to be referred to as “mayor” by as many people as possible

Mayor said...

Your observation is spot on...I do expect to be addressed as Mayor...

Truthbout said...

The moderator called the candidate by his first name, and instead of the traditional chair the missing opponent was replaced by a cut out of big bird. Gendebien had good reason to believe the debate sponsors were more than a little biased.

Anonymous said...

Yes sir Jeff. I love me.

Anonymous said...

Fox News 24/7 on all TVs, no different than any other day. Hey football is on, baseball is on, can you turn the channel. No, I’m waiting for trump.

Anonymous said...

I know two AF veterans that live in Texas, that are in severe, chronic pain, 8:38.
Both have been told by their VA GPs that they'd be excellent candidates for topical cannabis cream/oil.

Yet, Texas, has now made it a state felony. A state full of stupid and backwards Republicans. 😑

Anonymous said...

The number one rated cable news network

Anonymous said...

"I do expect to be addressed as Mayor..."

Don't hold your breath.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Could you elaborate on that? What is this God complex that infects Presidents, Legislators, and now apparently Mayors?

Anonymous said...

Get over yourself, Jeffrey.

Anonymous said...

You are a former mayor or ex mayor. That’s all. Just one vote like the people you talk down to.

Anonymous said...

8:38, quiet piggy
I don’t live there either and I care

Anonymous said...

You're just not right. He first said Mr. Constantino and then said Anthony. Did you even watch the thing?

Anonymous said...

A tweet that hits the bullseye

I’m no supporter of Donald Trump, but I’ll give him this: he’s held up a mirror to society and revealed just how many people put hatred, bigotry, and self-interest above compassion and decency. What shocks me most is how many now wear it proudly.