Monday, September 21, 2026

Sleepy Time

   So who was sleeping in the wedding gazebo in front of City Hall on Sunday ?   We don't know and nobody cares but it is an interesting touch.

    I don't think I ever saw that in 20 years as Mayor...Not saying it couldn't have happened but it didn't because someone cared....

     Another interesting observation comes from a Huntington Street resident who says people are camping on Diamond Island in the Black River.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rent greyhound bus and dump them all off downstate.

Anonymous said...

I’ll bet it’s a regular caller

Anonymous said...

THEY ARE CAMPING ON HUNTING ST OUTER WALKWAY OVER 50 PEOPLE LAST TIME I VISITED AND BROUGHT SOME FOOD THEY SAY THEY WILL BE THERE ALL WINTER.

Anonymous said...

You were just lucky homelessness really wasn't an issue during your tenure. Wasn't anything you did. What would (could) you do now if you were the mayor? Thought so.

Anonymous said...

"Rent greyhound bus and dump them all off downstate."

I think a another city tried that once. The problem was they were promptly marched back on the bus and immediately sent back. Maybe if you close your eyes, click your heels three times, and repeat the phrase: "there is no place for the homeless" they will magically disappear.

Anonymous said...

Likely, 10:19. I tune in maybe every three months, and it appears none of the regulars are employed.

Typical of anti-welfare MAGAs on the dole.

"But they don't need it! I do!"

Anonymous said...

The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer.

Anonymous said...

YOUR COMMENT ISN’T BEING WRITTEN IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE YOU’RE PASSIONATE. IT’S BECAUSE EVEN YOUR KEYBOARD CAN’T STAND WHAT YOU’RE SAYING.

Anonymous said...

SCP the biggest disappointment the COW had ever endured

Anonymous said...

The poor and homeless people wouldn't be nearly as bad if we didn't have to look at them.

Anonymous said...

I drive by the Children's Home on State Str regularly. There has been a very large RV parked in the back all spring and summer. Does the CH have an outreach program that they would that large of a RV for? Do they take the kids camping?
If not, I guess a NFP is providing free parking for one of their many executives. Another waste of our tax dollars on a Children's Home that doesn't even have children.
Why don't they open up the camper and empty cottages for the homeless? They have everything they would need on that campus and the rest of the NFP's can come to them for services.

Anonymous said...

People have been sleeping in that gazebo and on the benches for a couple of years now.