Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Trump declares war on establishment Republicans, And I Attended a GOP Event

        I happened to be in a room with lots of establishment Republicans this evening as I stopped by the John Byrne event.
        I wanted to be friendly so I wore my Trump button, but I was the only one.  I think there is a fear in such circles to embrace Trump, because the media has so tried to vilify supporters. I wondered if any of these stalwarts were voting for Mrs. Clinton, but I think they were mostly Trump or at least Johnson. One prominent Republican looked at my button and commented that I was going down with the  ship. 
        Now for the event. Nicely attended as several folks including state lawmakers like Senator DeFrancisco (Syracuse) and Assemblyman Will Barclay were there along with party regulars and the chairs from the two counties in AD 116.
        Mr. Byrne is running against Assemblywoman Addie Russell.  Mr. Byrne said he will be on the HOTLINE next week.
         I ran into a passel of people I hadn't seen in a while and I had a nice chat with Mayor Butler to catch up on city issues.
        I haven't done too many political events this year and it was nice to chat, but you know...I don't miss it to the point I'd stay through all the speeches...Another Class of '73 grad felt the same and ended up at Pete's with me.Trump declares war on establishment Republicans

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are part of the crooked media for repeating that lying headline.
Trump did not declare war on establishment republicans.
He did respond in kind to the establishment republicans that abandoned him.

A better headline would have been from his tweet:
"Disloyal R's are far more difficult than Crooked Hillary. They come at you from all sides. They don’t know how to win - I will teach them!"

Anonymous said...

You have become the straw that stirs the drink in these parts. Good for you! Wear that Trump button with pride!

Anonymous said...

Class of 73,ye gods man,you have become an elder statesman.Much,much elder.. ;)

Anonymous said...

Funny, we didn't see you at the Dem dinner this year. Only come around when you're running for office? We noticed.

Jeff Graham said...

813- Funny I got a phone call and a post card inviting me to attend their event. I've been to plenty of your dinners, don't worry. Give me a call next time and I'll put it on my calendar.