Sunday, October 2, 2016

Ball Draws Attention to Major Downtown Project

    This year's Mayors Ball was held at the restored Woolworth Building where the store used to be and surely that prompted memories for attendees. The revived ball is smaller than years ago but I am sure the crowd had fun at the black tie event.
    
Brenda Wood and Friends Attend Ball

        For 20 years , I attended the event and greeted attendees at the State Office Building and later at JCC.  I am sure Mayor Butler was a great host for those attending this new venue.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another I'll advised project using taxpayers dollars to create more space downtown.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Butler was a great host too. Like a wet blanket.

Two things you did better than anyone:
play the part in the ceremonial situations,
have the courage to say, "no", even when the WDT's told you to vote for stupid laws.

Anonymous said...

Wasn't there a break in time where they had discontinued the mayor's ball?

Anonymous said...

Yawn. Did everyone stop at the eyeglass place for some $600 spectacles? Oh yeah, not open and no on-site optometrist.

More of my tax dollars gone to waste on this folly...

Anonymous said...

The Mayor's ball would be better if it cost much less and had more regular people attend it. Would the big shots still come then?

Anonymous said...

I saw Byrne and wife but no adaline.

Anonymous said...

I saw former mayors but i didn't see Graham????

Anonymous said...

Noticed the Devils brew being sold in a vacant storefront, who had the license..

Jeff Graham said...

1015- You are correct. I didn't attend.

Anonymous said...

Jeff you had the personality to host. Butler couldn't host a breakfast let alone a ball. Ahhh, the days when we had a real mayor.