Thursday, August 4, 2016

City Tid Bits

     Found a large knife alongside Pearl Street late this afternoon. Strange but no blood on it.
      People  come up with the strangest rumors.  Somebody told me today one member is living in Gouverneur. I can't believe that..  When I was in office this was an instant disqualifier but now it's common for key officials to live far away, but I have never heard of an elected doing so. Must be a false story.
     On Friday, the Congresswoman is visiting NY Air Brake. This is an important industry and we welcome her interest. In New York any industry is fragile and must be maintained. Will they let her talk about local jobs, or pester her about the faux Kahn or faux Ryan controversies ?
     I felt really bad when I drove down Factory Street today at 415 and the poor guys at the appliance store were in the dust storm trying to make a living. Why isn't work done beyond banker's hours?
      The other day Little Q called me while I was at the gym. I answered and he was concerned over door to door solicitation....I told him I don't care and he should call Mayor Butler....I just think my friend Joe should enjoy all the trappings of the job , including Little Q.
       I applaud the Mayor on getting the funding for Western Boulevard and for travelling to Albany to learn more about the poverty grant from Andy.
      The Lachenauer Plaza Fountain still bothers me...but I am  bit of a traditionalist and I know that's a bit passe.
        I was really glad to see the street sweeper this week...It's the one city service I cherish.
      

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about the city trash service? I see Mel Busler falling into line and making a commercial that we ALL should use clear trash bags.The truth is we don't need clear trash bags,if the county would go single stream recycling,then all the hullabaloo over it would go away.So why not?Probably because it would cost them up front in trash bins..

Anonymous said...

You should have requested they work at night on factory st when you signed the contract for the work.

Anonymous said...

He's not Little Q anymore...................Has he ever had a job?

Anonymous said...


How can an elected official not be a city resident? I believe that this is an INSTANT disqualification. How hard would this be to look into? Sounds like someone sure should.

Anonymous said...

JUST PAY YOUR TAXES AND SHUTUP!

Anonymous said...

The one city service you cherish? How about your Police protection if/when you get robbed or broken in to? Hopefully you never experience that, but when you do, that's when you cherish that service, or Fire Emergency?? Or the DPW when the patrons will not drive to your business because the roads are not plowed or potholes are abundant. I think we as a city should provide and support all the good what the men and women on the roads do for our city. It certainly is not the leadership from CM or CC. They are all the ones in the dust and cant see past their longest reach for the fake political picture.