Wednesday, July 20, 2016

The Annual GOP Boat Trip

    Today I got in the mail further evidence this GOP Assembly battle is not over with the backroom deal to deliver the me-too lines to John Byrne.
    In the mail today was an invitation for me to attend the Bill Sheridan boat tour on August 2. GOP establishment candidates always do boat tours back to the days of Bob Nortz. I think its a way to ensure you don't leave early.
    Now, comping me for a boat tour may be a misread of my influence. I am not a member of the MSM and my meanderings here and on air likely affect little. I wonder who goes on these trips. If I was a political reporter it might be an interesting trip just to take the measure of the Sheridan campaign. Then I could write about it and provide something of value to readers. No, that's too old school journalism.
     I'll have to see if there's someone who wants to go.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A backroom deal it was indeed Mr. Mayor. I wonder how conservative voters feels about Hank Ford making the decision as to who their candidate would be, based on some bad blood he has with Sheridan from 25 years ago..

Anonymous said...

Nobody cares about any of this. We have become a nation of party line thinkers. Nobody cares about something that happened 25 years ago. Pokémon.

Anonymous said...

Does Ford endorse Trump.. Mayor Graham has a great chance to ask that question to Ford. Sheridan, Byrnes, Blankenbush and Ritchie have chosen to support Hillary Clinton against our will.. Our Congress woman has endorsed him but our state represenatives remain silent..

Anonymous said...

What happened to your lady friend from last election? She may like a boat ride.