Sunday, July 10, 2016

Sunday in the 13601

    The County Fair starts Tuesday. This is the first year in a while I won't be on the reviewing stand but that's OK.
       I was talking to someone who was doing work on the Club #9 (formerly Clueless) on Arsenal Street.
He says its very nice inside. I am going to have to visit soon and see Robert and get a sneak preview for the blog.
        The dump across the street is for sale. It used to be the Brass Rail but has been many things since.
         A nightclub manager ask me this week for some advice as he is having problems. Told him to watch Bar Rescue, but he dismissed Taffer as a "hard ass."  Yea he is and that's what you need when facing closure.
         Pete's is closed today. Painting the bar. Two tone, dark blue behind the bar and terra cotta on the other walls.
          I  hink I will try Ruby's instead of my usual backup of Appleby's.
          I find those geese  hanging at the Stateway Plaza retention ponds to be really neat. I was sad the other day to see an employee scooping up one with a shovel after some motorist in a hurry killed one.
Slow down and enjoy nature a-holes.
          Two things are competing for being overdue.  One is Andy signing the Mimosa Law. The other is City Hall deciding what to do with Lachenauer Plaza.  Wonder which gets done first ?

jeffcofair

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lets not be in a hurry to run the city tax payers into more debt on Lachenauer Plaza, If the contractor in that area wants a new road he will have to be patient and wait for the bulk of the road costs to be paid for by the state.Hopefully the new council will not run the general fund dry then ask property owners to foot the bill (like the arena).

Anonymous said...

In order to kill a goose with your car you have to do it on purpose. Not to say that is a bad thing. Little honking sh@# boxes is all they are good for. And pillows

Anonymous said...

Time to form a new group GLM.. Geese lives matter...

Anonymous said...

Jeff, try that Mexican place on Arsenal street, near Cole Muffler. If ya can't, go to Art's.

Anonymous said...

yeah,how do we know the goose didn't intentionally dart into traffic to end it all,geese get depressed too.Honk!

Anonymous said...

I speed up whenever I have one in my sights. Messy, dirty birds. I wish andy would let us shoot them year-round.

Anonymous said...

I was told that the guy who hit the Lackintaste fountain (and did us all a huge favor by doing so) was avoiding hitting a goose.
He should get a merit badge or something for his heroics.

Anonymous said...

They haven't signed that Mimosa Law yet??

Anonymous said...

Tell that nightclub manager to look at the business model that 'Couples' had on the square. That place was run very well.