Saturday, June 18, 2016

Petition Season.

   There was a time when I went all over to get signatures on Massena, Ogdensburg, the Bay, Clayton, Gouverneur, you name it....Organizing county committees, building relationships with Members of Congress, Senators, Members of Assembly, DAs , Treasurers....
     This weekend I got two signatures, from people who live at 557.  Generally I am done with the ritual, although I was good at it. Seldom got refused, even in the middle of nowhere.
     Nobody really does it anymore except the paid staffers and notaries. Most people don't even understand the process or the law.
     Today, if I need exercise, I go to Planet Fitness.


Anonymous said...

Off topic, but I wonder if the caprara brothers are going to start a drivers village type thing next to honda, or just enjoy the rewards of their hard work. That's a big sale.

Danny M. Francis (Eyepublius) said...

Kind of hard to get on the ballot under present system w/o names to nominate. That needs to be changed. We need to allow citizens eligible to run for any elected office to buy ballot access and then campaign and run on their own with or without party support unless they want party support.

The voters are what matters and counts in the end.

So, say a small ballot access fee of $100.00.

Anonymous said...

What is it with your concern about access and voting, Dannie? Your party sued to keep absentee military votes from being counted last time around. I would think, being a supposed veteran, this would concern you, per se.