Monday, April 25, 2016

Will Cruz-Kasich Deal Work and Isn't it a Prelude to a Ticket ?

Will those who support John Kasich because they believe in him buy into the newly hatched deal to cast strategic votes for Ted Cruz in Indiana in a bid to stop Donald Trump ?
     Getting voters to go along with these schemes is not easy and there is no certainty that Kasich supporters would vote for Mr. Cruz
     It sounds like an implied deal for a Cruz-Kasich ticket.


Anonymous said...

I would have a hard time voting for any ticket with Kasich on it.

Anonymous said...

I tend to agree with you 3:38. However Trump only has about 40% support, which has not changed much since he started this campaign. That leaves around 60% of the republicans do not support him.

A Cruz/Kasich ticket would unite the true conservatives with the so-called moderates who realize that Trump is nothing but a democrat in policy calling himself a republican.

Personally, I would think Kasich is pretty much the same thing, but perception by the unwashed masses is everything and Kasich is "perceived to be moderate".

How well Trumpy-Dump holds up to the democrat character assignation machine once it takes him on in earnest is a big question mark also. Bluster and BS only gets you so far and the democrats are the absolute masters at character assassination.

The bottom line is that either Trump or Cruz has to persuade enough of that 60% to come over to their side to get them over the top. There is no denying that Ohio is extremely important to a republican candidate.

I dislike Mr. John RINO intensely, but he is still around when most everyone else has fallen by the wayside and you put the Kasich and Rubio delegates in the Cruz column and it becomes a whole new ball game. Trump has finally realized this and is now hiring campaign people who actually know what the hell they are doing. The question is whether or not he figured it out soon enough to catch up with Cruz, because Cruz has been strategizing for this scenario since day one.

Anonymous said...

Regardless of who you support you have to admire the move. They can't win outright and have devised a legal way to attempt to secure a spot on the ticket.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

John Eisenhauer said...

It's a sad state of affairs when those who seek to serve in these elective positions have campaigns that run against their opponents versus running for ideas and solutions for the populace they seek to serve.

Anonymous said...

Johnny 8:28 well said but you forgotten to mention Democratic Trump and his family.

Danny M. Francis (Eyepublius) said...

8:28 - spot on.

And, I guess Trump never "teamed up" to whack a business competitor and win on his terms for whatever he wanted, too. Oh, that's just the cost of good business?

Anonymous said...

8: 23 you are right on target alls fair in sleezeball politic and this year they are all sleazy except Bernie !