Thursday, April 14, 2016

Who Around Here Can Claim Elite Status ?

   At lunch today, a man...clearly an establishment, bow tie Republican type, struck up a conversation and ask me about the Kasich town hall. So I gave him details and suggested he register on the Governor's web site.  So I ask if he was going to the Trump rally.
    The man soured quickly and said he wouldn't go see someone who embarrassed him. The conversation ended and after a few minutes I think he realized he had offended me and he waded in again with some slams against Lyin' Ted, which provided common ground. The conversation ended cordially.
    My point is, a lot of people are excited to attend a rally, and this notion of looking down your nose at someone who is supporting someone else is silly.
     You come to me and say you are going to see Mrs. Clinton speak and I'll tell you I'm glad for your and I hope you enjoy the event.
      Many who consider themselves the political elite in Watertown really have no rationale for hubris.
      I hope the RINO's have a good time with Governor Kasich tomorrow. But if you dis me for attending the Trump rally, I'll tell you straight up to take a trip on the F-U train.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are sounding bellicose about the entire matter.
It is no coincident that Trump is popular because he is bellicose about issues that other mainstream republicans submit to the PC police before speaking of them.

Anonymous said...

The thing I feel is,and I am sure many others,is how much worse can we get this country by going the same old route? I am not thrilled with a lot of his bravado statements,but on the other hand he sticks to his main points.Heck,he can't do any worse than Obama and his Chicago crowd that have us at the brink of a race war.Might as well give him four years to start and see what he does.

Anonymous said...

I can tell you from long experience that the "elite" in Watertown have nothing on the college "elite" here in the big county, (I speak of course of the Dems). They are the epitome of the classic politically correct, intolerant, self righteous Libs that Trump seems to get his kicks out of baiting.

Anonymous said...

Registered Independence can.

Anonymous said...

I'm taking my 10 year old to both events for a learning experience. Received my ticket conformation which had me wondering if the tickets are really required?????

Danny M. Francis (Eyepublius) said...

Bowtie elderly GOP establishment gent? Um ... maybe a famous local Johnson? Just a SWAG.