Monday, February 1, 2016

WDT: Robotic Milking the Latest Response to the Rising Cost of Labor

     As the cost of labor rises, the market reacts as it always has by developing technology to reduce the need for workers.
     From robotic milking parlors that automate and keep track of cows to customer driven ordering at fast food outlets, fewer workers will be needed in the future
     Farm wages are well below the pay of most people eating the products and we see in the paper today, the latest woe is us story about the proposed $15 an hour minimum wage.
     Employ as few people as possible, and do the best you can for those people. As it has always been, that's the recipe for success.
     http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/news03/area-dairy-farmers-daunted-by-prospect-of-15-an-hour-wage-proposal--20160201

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has been round for a long tome abit differently, machine called the rotolactor was used....

Anonymous said...

Farms and newspaper delivery are two jobs that always had special exception and were not required to pay minimum wage.

You won't hear much about the war on womyn when it comes to how few women are employed as farm hands.

Anonymous said...

$15 minimum wage will be the final nail in the coffin for business in NYS

Anonymous said...

Yup, elections do have consequences.

Sad part is most are too ignorant to associate cause with effect.

You'll notice I used ignorant and not stupid. I know a lot of intelligent people who can't seem to figure it out either.

Anonymous said...

It's always been poor pay on the farm. But if you enjoy it, you always have a job. Someone will need you. I made little to nothing on most I worked. But it was better then no job. 7.50 I worked one farm where the kids were all girls. Man had no boys. They worked ten times harder then I did. I could at least leave at the end of the day. It was rare for them to get enough time to go to after school activities. It's women by the way, I know you do that to be funny. It is getting old. The war on women is old. Just fluff from D.C.

Anonymous said...

This equipment can be adapted for use in saloons and bars.

Anonymous said...

1:15, I can see you getting paid little but why "nothing"? Just because the girls worked ten times harder than you, must be you had to find a new job often? Go over to Marks farm and you will see the women are under represented. Womyn is not my word, its the party of stupid word. I use it to show how in-touch I am with the cause.

Anonymous said...

I had many farm jobs. Sometimes I want one again. 6.39 show me a lady who wants to work a farm real bad. I have to say that just isn't the case. Cow poke Jane just isn't real popular now a days. I laugh at the women who make a big stink at construction sights about jobs not be offered to them. Most wouldn't work one day there. They just want the offer. Men want the offer and they pick it up too. Many ladies work their butts off in this country. But they don't want to milk cows. Not many. A fight has to at least have one boxer in it.