Monday, February 15, 2016

Retirement Well Wishes Premature.

   I got a nice card the other day from the WWNY 6PM anchors congratulating me on my "retirement" from public life.  Well, first of all I appreciate the sentiment, but I haven't retired from anything. It's not an option. 
   I am still working hard and will continue to, and whether that involves public employment, who knows ?
   As for enjoying my retirement, not there yet.  But again, Brian and Anne, I appreciate the note and wish you well in advance on your retirement as well. :)
   

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taking liberties with assumptions, they are.
Just keep in mind, the rest of the county is not made up of the same demographics as the city is. Neither is DJR's district.

Anonymous said...

Jeesh, maybe they were just being nice. Does everything have to have an alterior motive?

Anonymous said...

Jeeesh, They were well intended without motive, and I have known them both for years, so I feel I can speak with tongue in cheek.

Anonymous said...

Should have played along with it.
Who knows, you might have gotten a cocktail party or a "Go Fund Me" page out of the deal.

Anonymous said...

No good deed goes unpunished

Anonymous said...

So,you are saying reports of your early demise from politics have been greatly exaggerated..gotcha..

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff, at least they aren't writing your obit. Be happy.

Anonymous said...

Unless it's appointed without election go for it.

Anonymous said...

wish the whole channel 7 staff would retire.

Anonymous said...

Likely giving you a hint Jeff. One's relevance in politics is only as long as their current term.

Anonymous said...

9:28, MGV, sure didn't sound tongue in cheek. Good excuse though.

Anonymous said...

Channel 7 is long overdue for regime change.