Monday, February 22, 2016

Monday Night on Pearl Street

     Time Warner's Brian Dwyer just interviewed me on my recollections of the 1980 Winter Games, which I had the good fortune of covering. Makes you feel like a fossil.
      I see the Patty Ritchie proposal on EBT card purchases was front page news today. Didn't I read about it elsewhere three days ago?  Must be I did because it was a HOTLINE topic on Friday.
      The Ritchie story is getting play around the country. There is always a market for cracking down on welfare cheats.
       Speaking of cheats, insiders tell me those three prison guards arrested for fudging time sheets was the result of someone dating someone else's gal and the angry ex dropping a dime.  Other than that the practice cited is said to be commonplace.
       No City Council meeting this week or next due to the Leap Year. 
        And I took tonight off from Pete's and cooked some ham at home, so don't put out an APB on me. I'm fine. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

They don't have ham at Pete's?

Anonymous said...

Ham steak, whole bone in picnic shoulder, spiral cut?

Did you brown sugar glaze?

Last, did you make ham gravy?

Anonymous said...

Make some red-eye gravy Jeff. It's a man's gravy. I. suits you.

Anonymous said...

I heard that game on radio because I don't think it was broadcast on tv that night,I remember the guy saying do you believe in miracles?It was pretty awesome,exciting even for radio.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of the CEO's .........Remember when a BCI investigator was courting a Sheriff's Detective's wife, and 2 of them got fired, one went onto a "Job" at the SOB, must be something about a man in uniform...........

Anonymous said...

Can you look into the mysterious fire investigations we incurred last summer on those vehicles and the empty warehouse.

Someone out there knows who done it! We deserve answers.

Anonymous said...


I am curious also 845.

Including the car fires there was also an apartment set on fire just off of Mill Street (same night as the car fires) and the warehouse complex on Vanduzee (election day).

Seems to me that we may have a serial arsonist running around. Is the city concealing the information from us so that they can make their case for cutting our fire department?

Just seems funny that none seems to care about such a dangerous person still on the loose. I knew the last Fire Chief pretty well and believe me, he wouldn't have rested until someone was caught. I agree that we all deserve answers. Can anyone update us on the status of the investigation? Suspects? Anything?

Anonymous said...

653 They were not solved by design.

Danny M. Francis (Eyepublius) said...

Sen Ritchie is way off the mark on this one and it should make a great campaign issue to use against her ... really.