Friday, February 19, 2016

Independence Party vice chair faces DWI in North Greenbush - Times Union

       A key rainmaker in minor party politics got nabbed for allegedly driving with a snoot full  Tom Connolly has been the number two guy in the Indy Party for years. I first met him when I was in a statewide primary in 2000 for the party nomination for US Senate.
       I helped him get active and he was instrumental in me winning Rensselaer County by a lopsided margin.
       Tom is well known in the North Country to many GOP pols here, and frankly, while I don't excuse DWI, I don't take solace in seeing someone nabbed and publicized because they have a link to public life.
       Come on, if an editor at the T-U got nabbed it wouldn't be news.
Independence Party vice chair faces DWI in North Greenbush - Times Union

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The thing about DWI is there's no way to know if you're DWI after having a few drinks. It would be like giving out speeding tickets if accurate speedometers didn't exist. Well, except you generally aren't arrested and charged with a crime for speeding.

Anonymous said...

All you need to know is the TU is owned by the Hearst Family.