Sunday, January 3, 2016

Reporters Double Up to Save Their Product

   Scores of reporters and editors had to play newsboy (archaic) this week at the Boston Globe after numerous complaints of non-delivery from the firm handling distribution.
    Gone are the days of character-building, cheap labor for the publishing industry and it's hard to get these things delivered.
    The reporters kicking in may be a reflection of how many colleagues they have seen go packing in recent years in that troubled industry.
     Once my generation is gone, will there be anyone who wants to actually touch and feel what they are reading ?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh come on...the internet isn't that old. There are still a few decades of people younger than you, who would read a newspaper if one were made available that didn't focus on trying to sell them on ridiculous librul storylines, like so many of them do, including our local rag.

Anonymous said...

I cancelled My subscription effective next week this will be the first time I have not received the paper.I have had the paper delivered to Me since I was seventeen.Besides the fact that the content was news that I had already read online or heard on TV, the whole opinion section turned left and I get enough of that on TV.

Anonymous said...

Reasons are they are producing rags with nothing in them.. They are giving the shaft to people on advertising and for instance an obituary which was considered a service of the community now costs at least two hundred dollars.. News papers are their own worst enemies

Anonymous said...

8:01 says it perfectly. Even our little WDT has turned fruitcake. Are all newspaper folks required to believe leftist BS? That's all they seem to write about. Elitist editors and old news. My family bought the WDT for almost 60 years. It is now a joke. And in our family, it is now history.

Anonymous said...

Having been a loyal reader of the Times since I was in my teens and a subscriber for about 30 years I finally decided that I had had enough about a year ago.
It had gotten to the point where the only thing in the paper that I could agree with or believe would be the date on the front page and even with that I checked elsewhere to make sure that wasn't based on BS.
It's a shame really, I love reading the printed word.