Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Steel Trap Memory

   Even though last night's final Council meeting of the year was my goodbye session , the North Country's Finest wants to come by the office tomorrow for an "exit" interview. Hope they don't think they are writing my obit.
    John Moore is doing the interview. John and I have been friends for years, since I almost hired him in the early 80's to the job John Friot got.  Later we hired him at TV 50 and after the news folded in 1991, and John was between jobs, he helped in my initial campaign for Mayor.
     I remember my first big dust up with the Lucky 7 came when they were trying to get any and everyone on camera to validate the premise of my opponent that I was a promoter of sex and sin punctuated by "frontal nudity".
     Diane tried to get a lady named Serena Wilson to go on camera and Serena, who was a dear friend,  wouldn't give me up. Then there were interviews with TV 50 staffers that were supposed to fit the narrative.  The news department wanted me to come to the editing room to watch the interviews and react to them on camera. They forgot I knew how the scam works.
     It was John who went into the newsroom and got into a loud conversation with the furtive staff intent on killing the baby in the womb.  News Director Bill Hart backed off and the story never ran.
      It was great theater and all's well that ended well as the public rejected the premise and elected me with 72% of the vote.
      That's probably not the story John will want for my "exit interview".

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you were in the same boat back then that Trump is in now...sort of.

Anonymous said...

I would rather Cindy Habeeb do the interview. More interesting.

Anonymous said...

Exit interview? Boring.....ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Anonymous said...

Don’t forget to mention how you were “schlonged” by Butler.

Anonymous said...

I disagree, 10:36. Many important thing have happened during Mayor Graham's terms. The city is far better for his service. I would appreciate hearing from him about his views of our city.