Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Arena Looking Good as Fair Weather Aids Construction

       The Fairgrounds Arena, aided by better than average weather, is nearing completion and on schedule for a February open.
        Council toured the facility today and learned outside work is about done with even the parking lot striped. Inside there is a lot of finishing work to do and fixtures to install, but the end product can be visualized.
Council Tours Arena
        Council will see more change orders come January but by an large there haven't been that many and the end result will be something to be proud of.
        The locker rooms are great. The lighting will be excellent and the seating in the new bleachers will be easier.
        I still think the approach to concessions is misguided, but I do like the lobby area and there will be opportunity for more and different events there.
        Meanwhile, I will be headed to Albany in the AM for the last time.  The announcement of Regional Council awards warrants the trip.  Maybe I'll meet Maria Bartiromo. She has MC'd them in the past.  Councilwoman Roxanne Burns will host the HOTLINE.
        That and one more meeting is about it till handing off the football the end of the month. Channel 7 wants to do an "exit interview" with me. I'll think about that one as I don't consider myself a candidate for the obit page quite yet.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the offerings from the meet the new concession stand same as the old concession stand.

Anonymous said...

According to 7 news, Addie is again sucking up to our education industry. Something about farm to school and food. She says it's a "win-win", which is a phrase I've never heard before. Surrounded by about 93 six digit administrators, all reinforcing their line of credit/begging, she put on a very nice show. Funny, the only Democrat I've ever heard about who was worried about what other school kids ate (not her own of course) was Moooochelle Obama. Addie sure knows how to go big with something so small. But it was easy. All the school folks got to drive their Volvos to the state office building, kiss her maid's outfit, and take the rest of the day off. I wonder if Addie has cleared this little project with her owners in NYC.

Anonymous said...

Hey dumbass @1045. Maybe you missed that this thread is about the ice rink. Not your girlfriend Addie...

I noticed you didn't mention Pati is on board with this 'win-win' also. How come?

Anonymous said...

8:40, not a good effort. I don't need no stinkin' thread. Unlike you, I can think for myself. Don't give up. Sometimes, now and then, as it were, you make sense.