Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Third Hate Message Received by SUNY Potsdam Prof | WWNY TV 7

       How are the messages delivered ? What do they say ?  Didn't the professor want to stay out of the news ? 
       Without  more information, it's impossible to put this story in perspective, other than to say I strongly disagree with invoking personal traits or ethnicity as a rationale for ridicule or criticism.
       From reading this, I wonder if students are as much at risk as is implied. 
       The media needs to explore all of this more, before presenting in this way. Catnip is not always good journalism, as we saw in spades this year.
       Third Hate Message Received by SUNY Potsdam Prof | WWNY TV 7 - News, Weather and Sports for | Local News

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pen is mightier than the sword?

I'm thankful that I attended school and college before all this touchy freely, words hurt me crap really got going.

Read today that the intellectuals in the big county want to start a Native American college. Amusing that a Potsdam student thinks it should be staffed entirely with Native Americans. What happened to the diversity?

Can't we all just get along?

Anonymous said...

Lead story over at TV7. We wouldn't expect anything else from them. I guess the new news director is no better than the last.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like someone or some group want to create campus chaos - happy to bring on anarchy.

Anonymous said...

Just reading about it makes me need counseling. Is there any chance I can get some financial compensation for my stress? I feel violated. I feel unsafe. But a few taxpayer dollars would alleviate my suffering.

Anonymous said...

Oh for chrissakes let it be..when I was a kid,we had a teacher named mr woodcock,how many stupid notes and blackboard messages he must have gotten? But he was an adult and teached through the sniggers and was really a good teacher,some things you just have to ignore and let them die on the vine.

Anonymous said...

I hate the people that hate hate messages. So what if there have been several campus shootings and mass killings. This is America people, get over it.
Unless of course it has something to do with this dreadful war on Christmas; then it’s perfectly acceptable to be politically incorrectly correct.

Happy Holidays everyone!!

Anonymous said...

Incoherent, 4:28. Try to keep your thoughts centered and don't wallow around so much. The hate hate thing in the first sentence was kinda neat. Then you fell apart.

Anonymous said...

I agree with 1:11. I especially didn’t like the “Happy Holidays” wise crack. Very liberal.

Merry X-Mas everyone!

Anonymous said...

Potsdam state is now the number one college in SUNY to avoid.

Our extended family refuses to squander our hard earned savings sending our children to a school that seems to now have deferred its principle focus on academic excellence or signature programming that leads to employment

We will look elsewhere ,simply too much controversy , turmoil and strife .