Friday, January 18, 2013

Two North Country defendants admit making cigarettes illegally, must pay $5 million | syracuse.com#incart_river_default

   Entrepreneurs who pass the savings on to you !
    Up at the res a couple folks...one with the hard to make up name of Jody Swamp, were in federal court in Utica for making their own cigarettes...They are said to owe $5M  in federal taxes.
     Does the consuming public think anything is done wrong avoiding sin taxes.....I suspect not.
Two North Country defendants admit making cigarettes illegally, must pay $5 million | syracuse.com#incart_river_default

2 comments:

ray lear said...

Why isn't the government standing by to tax school bake sales? Or people who bake around any given big day of the year to make extra money? People cook pies and sell them all the time in the area, they have horse drawn carriages. I don't see tax being collected there. I should be able to say my religion demands me to make cigs and sell them, tax free. Why can't I?

Anonymous said...

If we could find ONE MORE criminal making ciggies, we could eliminate the national debt. Does Barack know we are THIS CLOSE to solving all our problems?