Utica Club Uncle Sam Stein Presented for My Political Acumen

Utica Club Uncle Sam Stein Presented for My Political Acumen
Judge-elect Langone Shows His Utica Roots

Thursday, January 17, 2013

The last days of disco - NYPOST.com

      A look inside the bunker of the decadent 1970s will be sold off Saturday as hundreds of photos from the Studio 54 nightclub are auctioned. While I didn't make it inside, I still remember going there as if it was some kind of pop culture Mecca.
      Had to settle for Watertown's equivalent, the Twilight 22, located at the then Watertown Bowl on outer Washington Street.
      Owner Steve Rubell got away with a lot by today's standards until the tax man nabbed him in 1981. 
The last days of disco - NYPOST.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember when all the bars in Watertown had a number after them. It was kind of a fad. Without a number it was a nothing.