Thursday, January 10, 2013

Steve Behm: A Sensible Voice in Crazy Times

    In retirement, former Watertown and later LA radio personality Steve Behm has become a chronicler of the human condition in American vis his FACEBOOK posts.
Todays news: Some people think Brent Musburger should register as a sex offender for calling a beautiful woman beautiful on a football game full of scantily clad cheerleaders. A norovirus that makes people puke is spreading across the globe. Our designated Secretary of the Treasury writes like a second grader, and Rosie O'Donnel and her "wife" welcome a new baby...Me? I'm just sittin' on a ranch in Texas wondering what planet I'm living on...Y'all sleep tight tonight. I'm sure it gets better tomorrow... :-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A pertinent detail Steve did not mention: This was not a random women picked out of the audience and put in the spotlight to have her looks commented on. This was a woman who has entered and won a beauty contest before.

Anonymous said...

Musberger was trying anything to keep his audience as "The Fightin' Irish" played like :"The Weak Sisters".

He (and I) gave up just before the half when 'Bama went up 28-0. I turned off the T.V. when Brent said:" If this was a prize fight, they would have called it by now."

In my opinion, That's the ONLY comment, picture etc. that anyone should be talking about. Unless a comparison is made to Al Roker's recent interview...I. E. The Fightin' Irish did "A Roker" on the field.

Anonymous said...

I blame it Obama, Free$tuff and the Tofu people. Especially the Tofu people… there’s something in the Tofu, I’m sure of it.

Anonymous said...

I like Steve Behm, I really do. But if you think he is a sensible voice in crazy times, than the times are crazier than you think.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the last comment...If I'm "sensible," we're all in serious trouble! Thanks for posting just the same, Jeff...I'm also glad that person at least likes me...I like them too...Steve...

Anonymous said...

Steve, no slight intended. I’m an incurable cynic with a penchant for off the cuff satire. Of course your wit and humor is always appreciated…