Elise Stefanik at a Labor Day Parade in Moriah

Elise Stefanik at a Labor Day Parade in Moriah
Campaign Kicks Off in Earnest This Weekend

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Good Govt Groups Defend FOIL in Journal News/Putnam County Dispute

    Sure, I think Putnam County is breaking the law by refusing to disclose pistol permit holders...It is a public record...But do we need to know ?
    There are lots of things in the public domain we don't know about. Like who get's welfare...like who get's taxpayer funded abortions...just all sorts of things that the MSM doesn't report because to do so would reveal too many people they value.
     I think it would be great to know who the pistol permit holders are in Jefferson County......Not because it's important but just out of curiosity....
     Does my curiosity trump privacy....Depends on whose high horse I chose to hop on to.
Good Govt Groups Defend FOIL in Journal News/Putnam County Dispute

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hold several NYS (professional) licenses and have no issue with these being in the public domain (licensing information is readily available on the Secretary of State web site). However, private citizens with a handgun license have every right to an expectation of privacy.
There are a multitude of very good reasons why this information should not be available. The Journal News exhibited a complete lack of common sense and decency in publishing the map with names and adresses of permit holders. I say kudos to the folks in Putnam; left wing "good gov't groups" be damned.

Anonymous said...

I wanna know who gets subsidized health care, or FREE health care. I wanna know who gets others to pay their property taxes. I wanna know who is exempt from paying taxes on their income. I'll just a betcha I know one guy on the list already.

Anonymous said...

Addie is introducing legislation to keep the public from knowing who is packing heat. Talk to her....

Anonymous said...

They might be breaking the ill-conceived state FOIL but the SCOTUS is a higher rule of law with case precedent concerning rights of privacy.