Monday, November 5, 2012

F-Bombs Part of the Culture in Todays Politics...and in Life- POLITICO.COM

    In radio, we are still not allowed to say it....not that I would as its such a coarsening of the culture...But the F-bomb is not a bomb anymore...It's part of dialogue and this Politco piece says in political circles its flourished in recent years.
    I see it at work as a new generation uses the F word and other words with a casualness that's depressing. No long longer is the expletive a rarely used item to make a point. From Joe Biden's on mike exhortation to the President to press flacks sparring with hostile media, its OK in DC to say F@&* You !
The new 'no comment': F--- off - Dylan Byers and John F. Harris - POLITICO.com

5 comments:

RonS said...

Not in my life. If you use the "F" word in public, especially in a professional or journalist event it means your Mother did a lousy job!

Anonymous said...

Horrors! What can I say when I hit my thumb with a hammer now that F... is now "white bread"?

Anonymous said...

F-word is never appropriate. So unprofessional.

RonS said...

Actually, 'hammer to thumb equals the "F" word.

Anonymous said...

who cares?