Newspaper Endorses Funiciello....

Newspaper Endorses Funiciello....
Grateful Dead and the Walking Dead Endorse Him Too

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

On Bent Knee, Let Me Assure You, Utica is One Fine City

       Let me start by apologizing for the comments about the City of Utica made by my friend and co-worker Johnny Spezzano when he popped into the studio the other day while I did the HOTLINE program on AM-1240 WATN.
       Johnny repeated some old and inaccurate bromides about Utica and while I chastised him on air, the comments made various blogs and caused a kerfuffle in Oneida County.
       Utica is a city that has seen its population go up since the last Census and many neighborhoods are coming back. There are many parks there and a fine zoo.  The City is also the home of Utica Club beer and the fine line of Saranac brews.
        I have had many enjoyable visits to Utica over the years and I extend to Mayor Roefaro congratulations on his stewardship of such a fine community.
       My understanding is the Mayor will be a guest on the HOTLINE on Monday and we look forward to his visit.
    

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee remind Johnny about his failure at his nightclub, and other endevours.

Anonymous said...

ahh Utica..I spent a week there one afternoon..

Anonymous said...

He was just being a mild shock jock.
Besides, this is 2011 where people say anything on their mind out-loud...usually anonymously on a computer but still.

And doesn't it matter that he really honestly meant what he said?

Anonymous said...

I listened on youtube and it wasn't all that bad. Certainly nothing for anyone to get that upset over, unless it's the old adage about protesting too much...

Anonymous said...

I am from Utica. My husband is in the Army and we are trying to get stationed at Fort Drum. It certainly made me think twice about that decision once I heard the comments that were made.

Anonymous said...

I am from Watertown and was thinking of going to Utica to Christmas shop. It certainly makes me rethink that idea after reading 12:52's comment.

Anonymous said...

Utica may have hookers at the train station. No train station in Watertown, so the hookers have to hang out at Great American on State Street.

Anonymous said...

utica club..its the one beer,to have when you're having more than one..or was that schaefer? either way they were both pretty nasty..

Anonymous said...

No...N...No... it was Schultz and Dooley signing
"Brew me no brew with artificial bubbles..."